Best dewalt 20v Cordless Drills:
DEWALT DCD791D2 20V MAX XR Li-Ion 0.5″ 2.0Ah Brushless Compact Drill/Driver Kit
The Dewalt DCD791 power drill is a beast. It’s equipped with a number of features that are hard to come by in other drills that make it compact, powerful, and comfortable. First, this 20V cordless drill is equipped with Dewalt’s signature ratcheting chuck which holds drill bits as firmly in place as possible, even when drilling through the toughest material. The feature that sets this cordless drill apart from the rest is the brushless motor, which provides tremendous power, measuring up to 620 in.lbs. of torque, and provides 57% more run time than other motors. It also runs on 2.0Ah batteries with a fuel gauge that house 33% more capacity than other batteries. Most impressively, this Dewalt cordless drill delivers all of this power while weighing only 3.4 lbs. and measuring 6.9” front to back. At $200, it’s relatively high in price, but if you’re in the market for a reliable heavy-duty workhorse, this 20V drill is worth every dime.
- Dewalt brushless motor delivers tremendous power
- Long-lasting 2.0Ah batteries with fuel gauge
- Very compact design makes it easy to handle
- Relatively pricey, but the quality justifies the price tag
Dewalt DCD771C2 20V MAX Cordless Lithium-Ion 1/2 inch Compact Drill Driver Kit
This 20V power drill is hands down the best, most reliable Dewalt drill for homeowners to keep in their garage. It’s a 2-speed drill (0-450 & 0-1,500 RPM) that delivers a powerful 300 unit watts out of power. making it capable of handling a wide range of jobs from drilling through walls to hanging drywall. It’s equipped with a ½ inch single sleeve ratcheting chuck that that holds bits in place through the toughest tasks. Best of all, it’s a 20V power drill with a very compact body, making it very easy to handle. This set includes 2 lithium-ion batteries, a charger, and a bad for only $99 on Amazon, making it a great deal.
- 2-speed settings (0-450 & 1,500 RPM)
- Single sleeve ratcheting clank holds drill bits securely in place
- Very compact design makes it easy to handle in tight spaces
- Might have a hard time with super hard material like concrete and thick metals
DEWALT DCD780C2 20-Volt Max Li-Ion Compact 1.5 Ah Drill/Contractor bag
This is one of the best contractor-grade cordless compact drills Dewalt offers. A tried and true workhorse, the DCD780C2 cordless drill/driver features 2 speed settings (0-600 and 0-2,000 RPM) and delivers 350 unit watts out of power. That’s enough to take on heavy-duty contractor work and tackle any surface. The cordless drill has a compact design, so it’s easy to handle even in the tightest workspaces. This particular tool kit comes with the 20V cordless drill, 2 lithium-ion batteries, a charger, and contractor bag for $159. It’s also available with a 45-piece drill bit set for $174 – a great bargain.
- Strong enough for any surface and heavy-duty jobs
- Compact, ergonomic design for easy handling
- Made in the USA
- Battery life is not the longest-lasting on the market, but batteries charge quickly
DEWALT DCK240C2 20v Lithium Drill Driver/Impact Combo Kit (1.3Ah)
At only $169 on Amazon, this cordless drill and driver kit is a very tough one to beat. It comes with two tools – a 20V lithium-ion drill and a 20V impact driver. These power tools deliver up to 300 unit watts out of power, which is strong enough to tackle most building projects including hanging drywall and building outdoor decks. It’s also great for working on heavy machinery such as cars and other vehicles. Along with the cordless drill and impact driver, this Dewalt tool kit comes with 2 lithium-ion batteries, a charger, and a contractor bag.
- Includes both a 20V cordless drill and impact driver
- Very versatile – great for anything from hanging drywall to fixing cars
- Great bang for your buck
- 1.3Ah batteries last about 1 hour
- May not be enough to tackle real heavy-duty jobs
Best dewalt 18v Cordless Drills:
DEWALT DCD760KL 18-Volt 1/2-Inch Cordless Compact Lithium-Ion Drill/Driver Kit
This is the top of the line of the Dewalt 18V cordless drill selection. This baby weighs a mere 4 lbs. and is only 8.2” in size, yet packs a powerful punch. It’s 2 speed settings are 0-500 and 0-1700 rpm that deliver up to 350 UWO of power. It has 17 clutch settings and Dewalt’s ½ inch ratcheting chuck for superior versatility and stability. The small size makes it very easy to handle the power. It features an LED light for dark conditions. The battery life is also great with this efficient drill and can typically last up to around 5 hours, depending on the job. When the batteries do run out of juice, the fast charger charges them to full in 30 minutes. The kit comes with the cordless drill, 2 batteries, charger, and bag for $169.
- Small size (4 lbs., 8.2”), lots of power (up to 1700 rpm and 350 UWO)
- Fast charger charges batteries in 30 minutes
- LED light for dark spaces
- On the pricier side at $169, but you will get what you pay for
DEWALT Bare-Tool DCD950B 1/2-Inch 18-Volt XRPHammerdrill/Drill/Driver
This is a very versatile and powerful 18V power tool. It’s distinguishing feature is the 3-speed setting for drilling/driving (0-500, 0-1,250, 0-2,000 rpm) as well as corresponding 3 speeds for hammering (0 – 8,500, 0 – 21,250, and 0 – 34,000 bpm). This cordless compact drill can deliver up to 450 unit watts out of power – enough to drill through brick and concrete. It runs on NiCd batteries, which tend to be longer lasting. At $129, the downside to this tool is that it doesn’t come with batteries, a charger, or a bag, like most other Dewalt drill sets. However, if you are already equipped with Dewalt batteries and accessories, this would make a great addition to your arsenal, especially if you are looking for a very powerful cordless drill that can handle just about any surface and material.
- 3-speed settings for both drilling/driving and hammering provides plenty of versatility
- Delivers up to 450 UWO of power – enough for brick and concrete
- Easy to handle the power
- Does not come with batteries, a charger, a bag, nor any other accessories
- Runs on NiCd batteries, which typically last longer, but are heavier than lithium-ion
DEWALT DC970K-2 18-Volt Compact Drill/Driver Kit
At only $89, the Dewalt 18 volt cordless drill provides great value for homeowners looking for a reliable tool to handle day-to-day tasks. From building furniture to hanging shelves, this is a very solid power drill to keep around. While weighing only 5 lbs., this 18V cordless drill delivers a powerful 380 unit watts out of power. It has 2 speed settings (0-450 and 0-1,500 rpm) for added versatility. Like many other Dewalt cordless power drills, it also features a keyless ½ inch ratcheting chuck to firmly hold bits in place through any task. The batteries are NiCd, known to be long lasting, and charge in only 1 hour. This drill model is also available for purchase with a 100-piece bit set for only $100 on Amazon.
- Good quality at a low price ($89)
- Big punch in a small package – weighs only 5 lbs. while delivering up to 380 UWO
- Fast charging batteries reach full charge in 1 hour
- No LED light
- Batteries are NiCd, which are heavier than Lithium-ion and typically deliver a little less power
Best dewalt 12v Cordless Drills:
DEWALT DCK413S2 12-Volt MAX 4-Tool Combo Kit
If you’re a home or business owner looking for a versatile tool kit that can handle many different fixes, this is what you’re looking for. While Dewalt’s 12V MAX cordless tools are not as powerful as the 18V or 20V tools, they are still great for lighter, everyday fixes and projects. This particular set, at only $249, comes with a cordless drill, impact driver, and power saw. The drill and driver are capable of tackling wood, plastic, and metals like aluminum. The saw deliver enough power to saw through anything from wood to plastic pipes.
- Includes 12V MAX cordless drill, impact driver, power saw, and LED light
- Able to drill/drive/saw through wood, plastic, and lighter metals
- Great bang for your buck
- Average battery life of 2-hours
DEWALT DCK211S2 12-Volt Max Drill/Driver / Impact Driver Combo Kit
Another great cordless drill driver and impact driver combo, this time in a 12V package. This set includes the DCD710 drill (#6 on our list) and the DCF815 ¼ inch impact driver. In addition to the reliability and versatility of the DCD710 drill, the impact driver provides even more versatility and power with 3,400 impacts per minute and 79 ft. lbs. of torque. That’s enough to handle any home fixes and projects involving most surfaces. The lithium-ion batteries charge in about 30 minutes and last long enough to complete any task at full charge. The drill/driver combo kit comes with 2 lithium-ion batteries, a charger, and a case for only $159.
- Combo includes both a drill driver and impact driver
- Very powerful impact driver that’s almost worth the price on its own
- Very compact design offers great control in tight areas
- Not ideal for heavy-duty jobs
- Bits may wobble on the impact driver if driving through harder material/surfaces
DEWALT DCD710S2 12-Volt Max 3/8-Inch Drill Driver Kit
This is the best 12V cordless drill that Dewalt offers. If you are in the market for a compact drill that can handle any light-duty activity, this is a great buy. The body of the DCD710S2 is extremely compact (only 2.4 lbs., 7”), making it very easy to control. The drill comes with two lithium-ion batteries and a charger, that will charge within 30 minutes to one hour, so you’re always ready to take on any fix. The drill features an LED light and two belt hooks for added convenience. At $118, this is a bit on the pricier side for a 12V power drill driver, but one of the best 12V drills out there.
- Extremely compact and easy to control
- Fast charging and long lasting lithium-ion batteries, so you’re always prepared
- Relatively pricey for 12V at $118, but the price justifies that reliability and quality
- Not ideal for heavy-duty tasks
Bottom line: The best 12V cordless drill driver by Dewalt. A fantastic, compact 12V power drill driver for lighter-duty home fixes and projects.